After finishing the 1940's dress, I got the hang of it. It was an easy pattern to sew and I wanted to make some more. After wearing it I really wanted to make more of this dress, because it fits so good and I feel wonderful wearing it.
I remembered some fabric I used for another dress (this one|) but I hated that dress (someone once asked me if I was pregnant whilst I wore it!). So I wanted to use the fabric from the dress and some scraps I had left to make this 40's dress out of it. It took me quite some puzzling, but I managed to squeeze all the patterns pieces out of the fabric! It's rayon, I believe, and drapes nicely.
By the way, the Burda archives are accesible through the French website. Hurrah!